Become A Leader
One of the best things you can do for yourself and for your child is to become a leader in Scouting. Don’t worry if you don’t know what to do, Boy Scouts of America provides you with all the training you need.
Before you complete an Adult Leader Application, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Go to http://www.myscouting.org/.
- Click on create an account.
- The first training that you must take in order to register as a leader is Youth Protection Training. You do not need to have a member ID to take Youth Protection training.
- To take Youth Protection training: From the menu on the left, click E-Learning.
- From the General tab, scroll down to Youth Protection Training and click Take Course.
- When you complete the course, print a certificate of completion to submit with a volunteer application, or submit the certificate to the unit leader for processing at the local council.
- When your volunteer application is approved, you will receive a BSA membership card, which includes your member ID number. After you receive your membership card, log onto MyScouting, click My Profile, and enter your member ID number. This links your Youth Protection training records, and any other MyScouting training records, to your BSA membership.
Additional Required Training
In addition to Youth Protection Training, there is additional training leaders must take to ensure a Quality Cub Scout Program. Every year, our Unit is evaluated to see if we meet Quality Unit requirements. In order to earn that distinction, one of the important achievements we must meet is to ensure proper training of our leaders. Our goal is completion of 100% of the training for 100% of our leaders.
All of the training below is now online for the convenience of all volunteer leaders. Additionally, periodically our Unit will conduct short classroom training to ensure everyone has the same understanding of the Cub Scout Program.
Orientation Training (All Leaders)
- This is Scouting
Fast Start Training (Position Specific)
- Den Leader Fast Start
- Cubmaster Fast Start
- Committee Fast Start
Leader Position Specific Training
- Tiger Cub
- Wolf Cub
- Bear Cub
- Pack Trainer
- Pack Committee
Your immediate completion of training is very important. Ensuring that your training is tied to your membership ID is necessary to ensure accurate tracking of your training requirements.
CUBMASTER AND PACK MEETING RESOURCES